Interim Financial Statements for 31 December 2016

News Interim Financial Statements for the six months Ended 31 December 2016

Learn More

Latest Vacancies

News

There are currently no positions available. We thank you for your interest.

However, if you would like to send us your resume so that we can keep you in mind for future positions, please fill in the resumé form.

  • profile 1
  • profile 2
  • profile 3

Who We Are

Who We Are

Positioning

With a group turnover of more than Rs1.42 billion and a gross premium income exceeding Rs924 million, Mauritian Eagle is one of the leading insurance companies in Mauritius. Mauritian Eagle Insurance's inherent financial strength is due mainly to its strong capital base and sound reinsurance arrangements.

History, Shareholding and Corporate Structure

Mauritian Eagle Insurance was incorporated in December 1973 and started its operations in January 1974.

Mauritian Eagle Insurance started as a joint venture between Ireland Blyth Ltd (80%), one of the biggest groups on the island, and South African Eagle Insurance Co Ltd, presently a member of the Zurich Financial Services Group, (20%).

Mauritian Eagle Insurance was listed on the Stock Exchange of Mauritius in 1993 and the shareholding profile changed to 60% of the equity for Ireland Blyth Ltd, and the remaining 40% held by South African Eagle Insurance Co Ltd (15%) and the public (25%) respectively.

Effective from start of trading on 1st July 2016, Mauritian Eagle Insurance became the first insurance company to be admitted on the SEMSI (Stock Exchange of Mauritius Sustainability Index).

Mauritian Eagle has a 20% stake in H Savy Insurance Co. Ltd in the Seychelles.

Products and Services

Mauritian Eagle Insurance operate in both the domestic and commercial markets, transacting all classes of short term insurance.

Reinsurance arrangements are currently in force with highly rated reinsurance companies. The company's actuary is Roberto Mallattia of Towers Watson Singapore Pte Ltd,.